Lil' Missy...

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

September.. A month of celebration!

I love September. Just 2 days after celebrated lil missy's birthday and anniversary, we are on the road to more celebrations. My, MY birthday! ME!!! Okay, a bit of self-indulgence.

I get to do something different this year as I celebrated with my niece too. Our first. My niece is growing too fast. I still remember vividly how I brought her out.. and being young and not knowing much about parenting, I brought her to shopping complexes and eat all the fast food and ice-creams and... unhealthy stuff that I won't give to lil' missy yet. And nothing much learnt throughout the time spent except that we get to hang out with one another. I wonder if she was bored. As she started schooling with crazy pile of homework to finish, our weekends together became rare. And silence for years until this fateful Saturday! Nothing fanciful but the timing is so, so good.

I bought a cooking class session at a discount. Thanks to those group discounts thingy. And since the classes available then did not seem to spark my culinary interest, I signed both of us up for the adult and children session for a sushi making class! We both don't have an oven at home, so baking will be out if we want to continue having funpracticing our newly learnt art. I have not make any sushi after the class though but the time spent is worth it.

My shy niece..
Relunctantly smile for me
My niece's masterpiece
And here's mine
Work in progress from top view
Front view
Trying out the sushi roll. It takes skills!
And she did it! YAY!
Our creation.. went down to our tummy an hour later. Healthy!

And what we did right after the cooking class? We rush off back home to meet my hubby and lil' missy. I missed them of course but the main reason was to go to the horse carnival at Selangor Turf Club. But that will be in another post. 


Ooh, in case you are interested to know about this cooking class thingy, check out this place. They have a different program every month. It's interesting though I personally feel it's a bit pricey. But very convenient and fun. No cleaning up after. No messy, messy kitchen and greasy floor. However, for my niece and me, it'll be at my kitchen next.

Finally, a post after a long hiatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment