Lil' Missy...

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Missy, 4 months to 2yo

Terrible two's? It's apparent in her even now! Gosh, she really tests our patience and at times, I am amazed that I can be so patient. Maybe only towards Missy. Bought a book by Nicky & Sila Lee, The Persnting Book. Truly need to learn from other Godly parents since I tried not to copy too much from my or hubby's upbringing. I was brought up in a typical traditional Chinese family, where hugs and assurance are lacking (no question about my parents' love for us).. But we want to know how to raise up Godly children through other families. Both hubby and I are 1st generation Christian, we do not want Missy to have 'borrowed' faith when she grows up later. We learnt best from other people's experiences right? Hmm.. How did I sway away so much from the topic? I don't know.. Oh well. At this age, she has shown so much developments. And finally, Missy calls me 'mommy'!! Wheee, the moment I have been waiting for. So sweet to my ears. But that is a different story when she is so clingy. At times, I feel we are like koala and tree, Missy the koala and I am the tree. Imagine koala hugging the tree. That's how I felt when she's in her mood. Ooh, and she can self-feed too. I asked the centre if they allow her to feed on her own and they do monitor. I was told that her first time was done well too by herself. Hehe, I am not ready to clean up after her. So there isn't much chances for her to eat on her own at home. It's only when she refused to eat her lunch and dinner (maybe my cooking is really yucky ;p) or when we eat out and I need to distract her so that we can eat in peace. I was told that her gross motor is developing weel though I feel I have not done enough for her to explore. With that, I can only thank God for watching over Missy. Her vocabulary has increased too besides 'mommy'. Moon, stars, peekaboo, door, guitar (heard it for the first time today!), car, house... Can recognize and count from one to ten (so, so proud of her)... And many others that my dory fish memory is failing me. Her first few mandarin words are 'wo bu yao' (I don't want).. Of all words/semtnces she learnt *roll eyes* Nonetheless, am thankful that Missy is growing well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment